On 13/10/2018 15.31, Tomas Mozes wrote:
> You can review the PRs and try to remove common errors before the devs
> check it. Then they don't have to correct the same mistakes again. I don't
> mean you do the corrections, you just suggest them to the PR authors so
> they probably won't repeat them again.
>
> Common stuff like:
> - using latest eapi (at least for new pkgs)?
> - correct distfile name?
> - proxy maint project in metadata?
> - correct, sorted deps?
> - slot operators for rebuilds?
> - working tests if possible?
> - patches from reliable sources?
> - using || die after commands?
> - reusing eclasseses instead of custom solutions?
> - openrc/systemd done right?
> - is it secure?
> - you name it... :)
>
> Maybe we could script some of these to help too.

This is my list of most frequent comments on new ebuilds:

* Please test the ebuild with repoman full -d -x
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Repoman
* We always try to use the latest EAPI, please bump to EAPI=7
* Please remove obsolete lines
* KEYWORDS need ~ after a version bump run ekeyword ~all YOUREBUILD
* please fix the header. (see /usr/portage/skel.ebuild and
https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/eapi/)
* We usually sort the KEYWORDS as ekeywords does. This makes comparison
between packages easier. Simply run ekeywords on the ebuild to let it sort.
* Please be more specific in the DESCRIPTION. The objective description
may be <=80 characters long.
* Please introduce local variables with "local"
* A bot can look for additional mistakes, if you upload a PR via github

You could create a checklist on the wiki.
Some of these tests can be done by repoman

--
Best,
Jonas