On 19-02-23 08:17:18, Michał Górny wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 20:58 -0600, Matthew Thode wrote:
> > On 19-02-19 22:05:02, Brian Dolbec wrote:

> > > One of the things that releng has bantered about the last few years is
> > > making a stage4 with these extra non @system pkgs.  The stage4 would
> > > allow all the extra pkgs needed for new installs without adding to
> > > @system.   The system set could possibly be trimmed a little more then
> > > too.  Then knowledgeable users could work with minimal stage3's when it
> > > suits their purpose while new users doing installs get the advantage of
> > > the additional pre-installed pkgs.
> > >

> > Ok, after setting that up portage wants to update pgp keys, which fail
> > because keyservers suck.  It doesn't look like we can change the
> > keyservers or disable the update entirely but we can set the retries to
> > 0 (which better disable it...).  Robbat2 had a patch to allow disabling
> > the update but it doesn't look like it was applied.
> >

> Disabling that means entirely killing the verification as it'd happily
> use a revoked key.
>
> Keyservers were supposed not to suck anymore.  Are you sure it's not
> misconfigured network?  Maybe it's got broken-but-pretended IPv6?

How about we allow a setting for controling which keyserver to refresh
from.  SKS has had problems, fedora has been better (and a coworker says
MIT is ok too).  Aparently they have a max key size set or something to
work around keyserver 'brokenness'.

Something similiar to this would be nice, but for keyservers.

https://gist.github.com/robbat2/551fc8ea56408ee48e99909f9c26c13e

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)