On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 23:03:53 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 22:27 +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > imagine a Python application "monty" with the following requirements
> > listed in setup.py:
> >
> >   install_requires=[
> >     'ham>=1.0',
> >     'spam>=2.0',
> >     'eggs>=1.5'
> >   ]
> >
> > If I want to add "monty" as a new Gentoo package, and if none of
> > "ham", "spam" and "eggs" are so far available as Gentoo packages,
> > what is the recommended way of handling this situation?
>
> I presume you want to proxy-maintain all of those packages.
>

> > 1. Create one pull request that contains separate commits for adding
> > each of the four Python packages?
>
> This one.  We generally find it easier when we see the big picture
> in one place.
>
> By the way, there's gentoo-proxy-maint@ ml for this kind of questions.

Also, it is best to state that these new pkgs are a depencency of
"monty" in their commit messages.  It can be clearer as to why these
are in the tree if "monty" drops them as a dependency later and there
are no other reverse deps for them in the tree.

ie: app-foo/ham: New pkg, depencency of app-foo/monty-1.2.3