On 2019-12-11 13:54, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

>> +ACCT_USER_HOME=/var/lib/suricata
>> +ACCT_USER_HOME_PERMS=0750
>
> Please don't set these unless it's absolutely necessary. The rationale
> for this has finally been committed to the devmanual, but has yet to be
> pushed to the website. In the meantime it's here:
>
>> http://michael.orlitzky.com/articles/gentoo_glep81_user_package_guidelines.xhtml

Thank you for this detailed explanation! As far as I can tell there is
indeed no need for this user to have a home directory other than that's
the way it was done in old Suricata ebuilds - so I'll just drop these
two lines (and also use $PN as the name of the primary group) from the
final commit.

--
MS