On 2020.01.04 12:54, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 6:42 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseag...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:

[snip]

> Apparently git and tar are too complicated for Gentoo users, but
> managing symlinks, using make, managing a bootloader, dealing with the
> kernel's configuration system, and so on are just fine?

emerge -1 vanilla-sources
eselect kernel ...
genkernel all

Yep, lots of users have trouble managing their boot loader. They come to
the forums and IRC every day not running the kernel they think they are.
That's not related to any particular kernel sources though.

[snip]

> On a further aside, I just noticed how up-to-date gentoo-sources are.
> Kudos to whoever is doing that these days - for a while it was tending
> to slip a bit but it seems like we're basically current.

+1

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford