[2020-01-27 12:41:26+0100] Ulrich Mueller:
> So, the question is, should we allow ebuilds
> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, v2 or later
> in the repository, or should we even encourage it for new ebuilds?
>
> I have somewhat mixed feelings about this. One the one hand, I think
> that GPL-2+ should generally be preferred because it offers better
> compatibility. For example, the compatibility clause in CC-BY-SA-4.0
> won't work with GPL-2.

Is there another reason for GPL-2+ than just compatibility?
Because I quite find the "or later" thing to be quite a scary one as
whatever will come up next as a GPL will become applicable and it feels
quite weird to me to have a license that can evolve to whatever
license over time.

I think I would personally slightly prefer to have it be properly
dual-licensed GPL-{2,3} or GPL-2 & CC-BY-SA-4.0 instead.