On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 04:24:31PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > The Python team no longer wishes to maintain the following package:
> >
> > dev-python/pybluez
> >
> > It has no tests, and it'd be better for it to have a dedicated
> > maintainer with working bluez and possible a use case for one of its
> > reverse dependencies:
> I'm using lightblue for rapid development to reverse-engineer/test
> behavior of some Bluetooth devices. Mostly as there was NOTHING else
> that made it easy to get it done.
>
> I don't care for the other reverse deps, but I'm willing to port
> lightblue to py3 and bump pybluez.
I reviewed most of the dev-python/lightblue codebase over my flights,
and hereby recind my intent to port it to py3.

I converted my coding to Golang's bluetooth instead.

> > app-mobilephone/ganyremote
> > app-mobilephone/wammu
> > kde-misc/kanyremote
> Is anybody willing to maintain these 3?
> If not, lastrite them subject to upstream not doing the 2.7 ports.
Please last-rite dev-python/lightblue with these.

I think dev-python/pybluez can stay for the moment, as it's maintained
upstream. I'll keep pybluez if there are no other maintainers.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer