On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 15:12 +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
> On 2020-02-13 17:17, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> > I don't agree that this should be happen by default. I suspect the
> > majority of users do not wish to manage system users/groups
> > themselves.
>
> Follow handbook to get a working system and rebuild entire world. You
> will get surprised.
>
> This is really a bad default and it's breaking with existing principles
> you can find in most distributions: Don't touch stuff which were changed
> by the user.

So we're apparently dealing with a major breakage where nobody bothered
to report a bug, and it's so urgent that instead of opening a bug you
choose to try to push things your way behind the scenes causing more
users to be hurt by this apparent non-reported bug just so you can have
a better chance of pushing things your way and ignoring the other side
of the resulting breakage.  Makes sense.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny