Alec Warner schrieb:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Andreas K. Huettel <dilfri...@gentoo.org <mailto:dilfri...@gentoo.org>> wrote:

    Someone needs to grow up here.

Meh, to me (someone who can't commit to ::gentoo) I have a few concerns here. First, I don't see a lot of QA reverts on the gentoo-dev list. Is it common practice to post reverts publicly? Second, I'm not aware that we would revert for things like this. Most of the items you mention look fairly minor (maybe the python comment looks impactful?) Why can't we fix these items in a future commit, rather than revert? What did Patrice's commit break?

If the issues are so serious that we have to prevent any breakage/regressions from reaching users, I guess an alternative response would have been to p.mask the offending new ebuild. Unless the commit caused some tree-wide breakage which I can't see here however.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn