On 2020-04-12 09:43, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:

> If you work on the stabilization workflow you may have noticed that:
>
> - There are people that rant if you don't run src_test against their packages;
> - There are people that rant if you open a test failure bug against their
> packages and you block the stabilization.
>
> So, unless there will be a clear policy about that, I'd suggest to introduce
> way to establish if a package is expected to pass src_test or not.

My first reaction was "not against this, even though I personally very
much try (as in, that I occasionally fail or forget) to make sure even
unstable ebuilds I push into the tree pass all tests on amd64", having
thought about it more however it feels like lowering quality standards
for stable arch trees. Test failures in ~arch are one thing but I would
be somewhat suspicious of stabilising anything which fails tests unless
it is a known (as in, known to the upstream) issue with no easy solution.

There is also the slight image problem which could arise from a user
running tests themselves and reporting the failure back to us, with the
"I thought this was supposed to be *stable*, guys?" undertone.

In summary, I am not entirely decided but leaning towards continuing to
always run tests during stabilisation.

--
Marecki