On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 11:32:06 +0200
Toralf Förster <tor...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 4/26/20 11:09 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> > Instead of using the IP address, you could generate a UUID when
> > installing the tool.
>
> like the pfl tool did ?

Like the last gentoostats gsoc project did.

As for enterprise/school/multiple clone deployments.  Those are
generated by one person/team, then deployed.  We would need that
person/team to only enable their test system for gentoostats/disabled
for deployments. Repeated failure to do that could result in that uuid
being blacklisted.   Part of the initial profile details for that
vm/image would be some details about approx numbers of deployments
(yes, subject to change. But useful to know whether it is 10-15 or
100-500.  type of deployment  ie: vm/docker/kubernetes/desktop/server...