On 6/12/20 11:59 AM, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 12/06/2020 18:24, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
>>>
>>> Shall we default in not-defaulting so we can spare some boilerplate?
>> I don't think so. Let me explain.
>>
>> First of all, this will force to explicitly micro-manage all the
>> features for all the packages in the tree.
>>

> The idea is:
> - if myfeatures is empty, do not pass --no-default-features.
> - if myfeatures has content, automatically pass --no-default-features.

I realized that was the intention after sending the email.
That makes more sense, I'll scout toml files a bit and probably will
implement it.
I certainly remember scenarios where turning off default features is
highly undesirable, but toggling extras makes sense.
> --no-default-features --features default seems working as intended btw.

in that case
    local myfeatures=(
        default
        $(usex flagX featureX '')
    )
-> --no-default-features --features default --features featureX

looks quite good actually. just need to make sure we pass
--no-default-features first in order in that scenario.