On 2020-07-27 12:02, Michał Górny wrote:

> +# Note that while all SWORD modules which do not require prior registration
>
> s/which/that/

Not quite sure if this is really necessary, as far as I remember both
"which" and "that" are grammatically correct in this context - in British
English
anyway.

>> +# in order to see when they have last been updated. Therefore, maintainers
>> +# must rename module files to include the version number and host them
>> +# somewhere to avoid breaking digests when new versions are released.
>
> Technically speaking, this isn't strictly necessary.  You could just use
> SRC_URI arrows to rename them, and then Gentoo mirrors would jump in.
>  On the minus side, things would occasionally break for people not using
> Gentoo mirrors.  On the plus side, they would effectively ping you
> whenever new version happens ;-).

On the plus side, no need for tedious file-renaming steps. And finally on the
plus side, no need to store 500+ MB of renamed-but-otherwise-same-as-upstream
files on dev.gentoo.org. You've convinced me :-)

>> +# @ECLASS-VARIABLE: SWORD_MODULE
>> +# @DEFAULT_UNSET
>> +# @PRE_INHERIT
>> +# @REQUIRED
>> +# Name of the module as used by the SWORD Project. Case-sensitive.
>> +# Needs to be set before the inherit line.
>
> Wouldn't using a default generated from PN work most of the time?

Until just a moment ago, it was not - all the app-dicts/sword-* we have in the
tree
had been named using upstream module names converted to all-lowercase. I
thought about
changing this but thought it might be better to leave it until after the eclass
update.

That was until just a moment ago, though - having read your comment and having
confirmed
that we use upstream names for source archives, I have just renamed those
packages to
match the case of upstream names. Will update the eclass with a PN-derived
default of
SWORD_MODULE before the next iteration.

--
MS