* William Hubbs schrieb am 14.09.20 um 00:39 Uhr:
> All,
>
> I would like to get some thoughts on kubernetes packaging.
>
> When I started maintaining it in Gentoo, it was packaged as 7 ebuilds
> (one per executable), and only one of them was marked stable.
>
> Since we normally do not split up monorepos into separate packages, I
> started moving everything over to one kubernetes ebuild.
> Now a bug has
> been opened which has a good case for kubeadm being a package on its
> own, so I have done that [1].
>
> I need to know the best way to proceed, so I'll throw out a couple
> of questions:
>
> 1) should I bring back the split packages and lastrites
> sys-cluster/kubernetes?
>
> 2) should I just bring back other split packages that need to be split
> as I find them?
>
> What do folks think would be the best way for us to package Kubernetes?

Interesting.

So it seems like at least kubeadm and kube-apiserver need to be in
seperate packages.

I am not a kubernetes guy, but would SLOTting be an option? Like
postgresql for example where you need both versions, old a new to do
database migration.

If this is not an option I would say this is a case for split package
and perhaps a meta-package bringing all of them together.

-Marc

--
0xCA3E7BF67F979BE5 - F7FB 78F7 7CC3 79F6 DF07
                     6E9E CA3E 7BF6 7F97 9BE5