On 10/23/20 3:50 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2020, Aisha Tammy wrote:

and remove 'xdm' from the default runlevel and add 'display-manager':

        rc-update del xdm default
        rc-update add display-manager default

So, no automatic upgrade path for users? I am asking again, what is the
rationale for renaming?

I agree that "display-manager" might be a slightly better name than
"xdm", but that's more than outweighted by the trouble that the renaming
would impose on users.

Ulrich

I could run these commands conditionally in postinst to make this
an automatic upgrade for people who have 'xdm' currently installed and
enabled in the default runlevel.

But I really don't think that running these commands is that big an
inconvenience.