On 11/3/20 10:10 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
I'm with you on this though I think it should be relaxed to disallow
only long term presence of pure live packages.  It's fine to add a live
ebuild first for a month or two if you're still working on something
(just like it's fine to add a masked package).  However, it's not fine
to leave things like this for years.

That said, maybe the policy should cover 'long-term masked packages'
in general.  See below.

Initially Arfrever suggested the same, I wasn't a fan of it because I believe it's much simpler to make this into a pkgcheck/repoman check like this.

However with pkgcheck maybe a similar logic can be used as is used with StableRequestCheck. So no objections there I guess.

-- juippis