Hi,

is there a specific reason why we want to support dynamic variables (ACCT_USER_$foo) at all?

Isn't package.env support enough, i.e. use ACCT_USER_ID from environment if set (which we should detect and log, maybe this will require a different namespace for the variables at all to be able to differentiate between values set by acct-* ebuild and user override)?

Of course this won't allow something like `ACCT_USER_ID=42 emerge <package which will pull in multiple acct-user/*>` but I am not sure if this is an implementation goal.

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer