On 2021-02-09 Tue 17:51, Benda Xu wrote:
> I am wondering how useable pkgcore is on alpha, hppa, etc.  Maybe it's
> time for us to plan for a Gentoo without essential Python dependency.

Just to keep misinformation down, pkgcore currently has nothing to do
with rust as it's implemented in python due to basically being deemed
portage-ng when it forked ~15 years ago. It previously did have some
extensions written in C which have mostly been removed in the current
day from CPython catching up in a number of areas.

That being said, alternative languages and related support has been
looked at for a number of reasons/features and development could move in
that direction, but hasn't yet in a public fashion.

Tim