On 2021-06-16 13:28, Michal Prívozník wrote:
Why should we mangle with packages this way? I mean, to me Gentoo was
one of the few distros that allowed real choice for users (systemd vs
openrc, selinux or !selinux, etc.). We shouldn't be making choices on
behalf of users. The best we can do is to open issues for whatever IRC
client we have in portage to switch from freenode to something different.

BTW: not everybody is switching from freenode to libera.chat.

I second that.

Adding *our* network is one thing, like adding branding, but removing stuff we don't like is going to far.

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer