On Fri, 2021-07-23 at 00:20 +0200, Conrad Kostecki wrote:
> This update drops the function 'postgres_new_user', which was used to
> create the 'postgres' user and group.

> Since many other packages depend on the 'postgres' and 'postgres-multi'
> eclass, adding the core acct-*/postgres packages here to [R]DEPEND.

Not all packages using the eclass necessarily need the "postgres"
user/group to build/run. You should only add (R)DEPEND in the packages
that actually call postgres_new_user, I think?

> Before merging this eclass patch, acct-* packages will be added to
> the tree.

Before doing this, please double-check that SHELL=/bin/bash and
HOME=/var/lib/postgres are needed. It's likely that the default HOME
can be used, and that dev-db/postgresql (which actually *uses*
/var/lib/postgres) should control its permissions.

You should also get an ACK from titanofold, since he's been maintaining
postgresql essentially by himself forever (and may have some insight
into the SHELL/HOME items).