On 7/24/21 2:15 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> deblob is only supported for rt-sources.
>> gentoo-sources currently doesn't have deblob.
>

> So deblob is highly important for choice, you say.
> Also, the kernel sources that everyone uses don't offer deblob.
>
> Somehow this discussion is getting ridiculous.

1.      There is nothing wrong with a maintainer of a specific kernel
package to add support for deblob. They're the maintainer and it's their choice
support that or not.

2. I removed deblob from gentoo-sources because it was annoying at the time
(I hear the script has changed now), and rather than make it less annoying, I
decided
my time was better spent on other things.

3. Something does not have to be in gentoo-sources for it to have relevance.
I think that's obvious and should not be an argument to include something or
not.

--
Mike Pagano
Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project