Hi Ulrich,

On 2021/8/24 16:46, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>> It seems the discussion has gone quiet for a while now, so I take that
>> we choose ARCH=loong over ARCH=loongarch according to GLEP 53?
> LGTM
>
>> If that doesn't receive much objection, I'll prepare and send the
>> first few eclass patches soon.
> We also need to update the conditional in eselect:
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/eselect.git/tree/libs/package-manager.bash.in#n70
Thanks for the reminder!
> Does the GNU triplet (i.e. HOSTTYPE in bash) always use "loongarch"
> literally, or can it have some suffix?

According to their earlier reservation[1] and actual vendor system
behavior, there are 3 possible values:

- loongarch64
- loongarch32
- loongarchx32

Only the LP64 ABI is fully supported by the current upstream submission.
The "loongarch32" thing might NOT be compatible with the LP64 ABI,
instead it might be something embedded-oriented, even instruction
subsets supported might differ. The "loongarchx32" is for an
n32/x32-like ABI that doesn't exist yet, and probably will never get
implemented.

Accordingly, I think we only have to care about "loongarch64" for now.

[1]:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=patch;h=c8ddc8472f8efcadafc1ef53ca1d863415fddd5f