Hi,

On 25/11/2021 16.50, Pacho Ramos wrote:
As a side note, maybe ebuild should add sanity checks (like those from glibc) to
prevent downgrades, otherwise people could still accidentally hit the issue

You might have valid use cases to downgrade mysql, if you are okay not preserving data. I'd assume it's a common knowledge that downgrade of any data store, be that database or likes like elasticsearch, will corrupt the data.

To make it actually useful I think we'd need new EAPI feature 'downgrade-protection', that unless is explicit ignored like --ignore-downgrade-protection mysql, it would prevent it from happening.

-- Piotr.