On 2021-12-02 08:12:55, Alec Warner wrote:

> Can we automate any of it? Emit QA warnings? etc.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think so. We have two
main problems. First, The service scripts are POSIX sh, which is
better than bash, but still can't easily be parsed for semantic
information.

Second, if the daemon is "special," then the service script is
justified in being similarly unconventional. Unusual runtime behavior
can't be statically detected, and I doubt that the well-behaved
portion of daemons in the tree is large enough that we can warn about
every script that smells a little bit fishy.