> Maybe consider three new top-level categories?:
>   - print-drivers
>   - print-filters
>   - print-misc

net-print is already a small category with only 35 packages, so IMHO
splitting it up into three tiny categories wouldn't make much sense.

Also, splitting cups components between different categories looks a
little artificial.

> [...]

> Idea behind a new top-level print-* group of categories is that printing is
> a fairly large ecosystem, and lumping it all into something like media-print
> or sys-print seems to miss the mark a bit.  media-* seems more aligned to
> things like sound, video, and graphics (the digital kind), and less about
> print media.  sys-print implies the system-level connections that a printer
> has, and would be a good fit for all of the printer driver packages, but not
> as good a fit for things like net-print/poster.

Can we please keep things simple and just do a full category move [1]
from net-print to (e.g.) media-print?

Ulrich

[1]
https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/2479de62249646b84932ab2801914ccc