Hi, everyone.

Since we've been standardizing some things in Gentoo lately, I was
thinking we could try to get some media types registered with IANA.

Particularly, I'm thinking of registering our Manifest format [1] as:

  text/vnd.gentoo.manifest

and our new binary package container format [2] as:

  application/vnd.gentoo.gpkg

However, the process is non-trivial and I'm not sure if the latter
really qualifies, given we're only specifying the container and not
the complete data format.  To be honest, the specs are quite huge
and I'd really appreciate some help grasping all of this.

Perhaps ebuilds and eclasses would also qualify for registration.

WDYT?

[1] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0074.html
[2] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0078.html

--