John Helmert III wrote:
> > Searching for the repo name on GitHub finds this however:
> >
> > https://github.com/bdrewery/vchkuser
> >
> > ..which seems to be a 2010 version of the code. I did a test, it works
> > fine. Maybe just change the SRC_URI.
>
> Can you produce a guarantee that the code there is equal to the code
> which the ebuild currently refers to? Or maybe that it's equivalent to
> the now-removed repository?

Git thinks so.

I unpacked vchkuser-0.4.tar.gz from a Gentoo mirror on top of a
bdrewery/vchkuser checkout and:

$ git status
# On branch master
nothing to commit, working directory clean
$

The v0.4 tag in bdrewery/vchkuser also equals the commit hash in the
directory name of the .tar.gz. (This is of course weak.)

//Peter