Hi all,

I'd like to propose replacing the current UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bug
states with a simple NEW state.  Why?

1. Only a handful of developers actually uses these two statuses
in a meaningful way.

2. Some users are confused and demotivated by having their bugs stay
UNCONFIRMED for a long time.

As someone who is very active on bugzilla I think the users are happy about
- real activity and
- polite, precise and clear answers

Renaming tags will rather confuse.
Yes, some tickets are open for long times (this is not a Gentoo-only problem)
We should not hide this with Newspeak.

I suggest to keep it as it is, because sometimes it makes sense to confirm a bug.

Are not demotivated, because of the name of the tag.

They are demotivated, if
- bugs remain open/unanswered for long time
- they are told "my dev time is too expensive for your problems" in an impolite way

--
Best,
Jonas