Hi,

Andrey Grozin <gro...@woodpecker.gentoo.org> writes:

> Hello *,
>
> I'm trying to package a new version of sci-visualization/gle which now uses
> cmake. After some patching CMakeLists.txt, it configures successfully. But at
> build time it spits zillion errors
>
> error: ISO C++17 does not allow dynamic exception specifications
>
> The natural thing to try is to add -std=c++14 to CXXFLAGS. So I tried
>
> src_compile() {
>     CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -std=c++14" cmake_src_compile
> }
>
> but this makes no difference, c++17 is still used. How to convince
> cmake_src_compile to use -std=c++14?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andrey

audacity-2.4.2-r3.ebuild has something for this already:
``append-cxxflags -std=gnu++14''

Check out flag-o-matic.eclass.  Note that the build system could still
be overriding it, so if that fails, I'd check the compilation commands
for -std=... parameters, as well as CXX_STANDARD_LEVEL, or whatever
cmake calls it.

Hope that helps, have a great day.
--
Arsen Arsenović