>> > +++
>> > b/2023-05-08-openssh-configuration-changes/2023-05-08-openssh-configuration-changes.en.txt
>>
>> https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0042.html#news-item-identities
>> "This identifier will be in the form yyyy-mm-dd-short-name [...].
>> The short-name is a very short name describing the news item
>> (e.g. yoursql-updates) [...]. While there is no hard restriction on
>> the length of short-name, limiting it to 20 characters is strongly
>> recommended."

> But why? We're not concerned about file system limits, are we?

No, the FS limit will kick in much later.

However, eselect news may truncate identifiers whose short name is
longer than 30 chars, in situations where the identifier is shown to
users (e.g. for removed news items).

So, it's not a hard limit and nothing will really break, but there's
some incentive to keep these names concise.