On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 08:34:45PM +0300, Arthur Zamarin wrote:
> Hmm, I was thinking the opposite (maintaining it in parallel place to
> the package would be harder), but if you say so (and you help maintain
> huge clusters of packages so I believe you) then I think we don't have
> any good reason to go with per package metadata.xml entry?

imo seeing/setting it all in one place is simpler, ultimately it's
about managing a group (whole) and I don't think is super important
on the individual packages.

e.g.

[qt]
dev-qt/package
dev-qt/package2

Can visualize and don't have to go set this in each one of them.

fwiw repo-cd could be given a hook to grep that file, and be able
to say that a package is part of a stabilization group -- and if
nattka automatically looks at groups it'll also be hard to overlook
when filing bugs.

Regardless of approach, some kind of central file (generated or not)
would certainly be nice not to end up grepping all metadata.xml in
the tree to figure out which packages are part of a group.
--
ionen