> +     # If we are updating this package, then there is no need to update
> +     # the tlpdb in postrm, as it will be again updated in postinst.
> +     [[ -n ${REPLACING_VERSIONS} && ${EBUILD_PHASE} == postrm ]] && return

Sorry for having missed this before. REPLACING_VERSIONS isn't defined
in pkg_postrm, so the test should be for REPLACED_BY_VERSION.

Also it would be cleaner to test for the phase first, to make sure that
the variable is valid in this phase:

        [[ ${EBUILD_PHASE} == postrm && -n ${REPLACED_BY_VERSION} ]] && return

Ulrich