On Sat, 2024-04-20 at 04:24 +0100, Sam James wrote:
> I don't have the hardware set up at the moment (and haven't for a while)
> to test this properly.
>
> The following packages are up for grabs:
> * media-libs/raspberrypi-userland-bin
> * sys-kernel/raspberrypi-image
>
> I dropped myself as a co-maintainer on the following:
> * sys-firmware/raspberrypi-wifi-ucode
> * media-libs/raspberrypi-userland-bin
> * sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
> * sys-kernel/raspberrypi-sources
> * sys-kernel/raspberrypi-image
>
> I think anyone interested in these packages should probably consider
> joining the lot.
>
> There's a few outstanding bugs, notably https://bugs.gentoo.org/930269
> for Raspberry Pi 5 support, but a bunch of others including bumps being
> due.

I've been working in this area because of my PiStorm efforts, but it's been
hard to find the time lately. I can at least say that I was on the way to last
riting media-libs/raspberrypi-userland(-bin). Ideally, we need libcamera
first, otherwise users of things like media-video/motion will be impacted. I
don't know whether we have any such users though. As for hardware, I only have
a Pi 4b and have no need for a Pi 5.