Thanks for the mail, Jose.

To explain this in detail:

For example,
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=6?passthru=1
leads to the same xml doc as
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?passthru=1

Also, there seems to be no easy way to find out the exact .xml file
for the page (?part=1&chap=6) which I can append ?passthru=1 to.

Another point is that maybe you could make it easier for people who
want to submit bugs by having all info needed to submit bugs/patches
for documentation clearly in one place. I found the ?passthru trick
quite by accident, on some page that I can't find now to reference.

Carthik.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:16:29 +0100, Jose Luis Rivero (YosWinK)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> This afternoon i was talking with carthik on #gentoo-doc about the
> posibility of a normal user to submit patches for our doc when this, is
> inside an xml book (e.g handbook).
>
> If you are on one of the handbook pages, and use  the  ?passthru=1
> argument at the end, you will recieve the main page from handbook which
> is not the page you are seeing.
> I suggested him to visit our viewcvs if wants to find all xml doc code,
> but, for a normal user, is not quite intuitive (in spite of have a
> README) to know which file belongs to the page he was visiting.
>
> So, the consequences of this, is that we obtain bugs without no patches
> although the user would want to create one.
>
> May be im missing something important, if do, let me know please.
> Thanks all and thanks carthik for his time and interest.

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- èå LÇozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net