On Friday 01 April 2005 18.27, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:28:32PM +0200, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
> > I think the two paragraphs discribing the masking/unmasking of
> > =net-mail/hotwayd-0.8 say just about the same thing. Is it possible to
> > change that in a translation?
>
> In what way do they say the same thing? Both are totally different items,
> the first one unmasks (package.unmask) a masked package, the second one
> masks (package.mask) a package that is emerge'able.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here...

It's probably just me.
I was taught in school not to create one sentence paragraphs, which is
consistent through a few files I thought; like:

"<p>
When you don't want Portage to take a certain package or a specific version of
a package into account you can mask it yourself by adding an appropriate line
to <path>/etc/portage/package.mask</path>.

For instance, if you don't want Portage to install newer kernel sources than
<c>development-sources-2.6.8.1</c>, you add the following line to
<path>package.mask</path>:

Two one sentence paragraphs. It's possibly a readability thing, but it got to
me when I saw it consistently across files.  When I read that when
translating  it feels like we are repeating in the second paragraph what we
just said in the one above.

No big deal, just a bit tired after the longest translation session so far.

Cheers,

Martin S.
--
Martin Skjöldebrand (http://www.skjoldebrand.org)