Roger McClurg wrote:

> I'm trying to create a GNAP image with one extension, fbi. I added the
> necessary portage information for fbi and it's dependencies (libexif and
> jpeg) to the gnap snapshot and repackaged it as
> gnap-portagesnapshot2.tar.bz2. When I try to build the extension libexif
> compiles fine, but jpeg fails with errors. Can anyone help me?
> 
> One of the errors is: fbi.c:27:21: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from fbi.c:45:
> 
> If I do a find on jpeglib.h I get:
> gentoo specs # find / -name jpeglib.h
> /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/gnap/grp-x86-20050907/var/tmp/portage/fbi-1.31-r1/work/fbi-1.31/jpeg/jpeglib.h
> /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/gnap/grp-x86-20050910/var/tmp/portage/jpeg-6b-r5/work/jpeg-6b/jpeglib.h
> /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/gnap/grp-x86-20050912/var/tmp/portage/fbi-1.31-r1/work/fbi-1.31/jpeg/jpeglib.h
> /usr/include/jpeglib.h
> 
> Why is gnap not finding the file?

Good question. The GNAP process calls Catalyst's GRP process, which in
turn uses "emerge" to compile and package the thing. I suspect it's not
GNAP- or Catalyst-specific, but rather a problem with the ebuild in the
specific build environment (minimal uclibc system).

You can try to emerge it manually using :
# chroot /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/gnap/grp-x86-20050912/ /bin/bash
# emerge fbi
# exit

and see if you can reproduce the error... If you do, the problem is in
the ebuild/uclibc-env compatibility...

-- 
Thierry Carrez (Koon)
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to