On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 15:29 -0700, Shawn Fisher wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> 
> This may be a dumb question, and I apologize in advance if it has 
> already been asked, but I was curious if anyone had gentoo running on 
> the Linksys NSLU2?  I already have OpenSlug running on it, but have not 
> been overly impressed by the distribution, wrt package management in 
> particular.

> If not, could somebody point me in the right direction to possibly start 
> this on my own?


You want the armeb softfloat stages.

http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/arm/embedded/stages

If you want to make your own firmware you will have todo a little 
customizations of your own. (like a kernel and a method to reflash) 
those ideas and patches can be barrowed from the OpenSlug project.

You should also be pleased with the minimal size and performance gains
of using uclibc++softfloat on the NSLU2 also.. 

Peace and good luck.

-- 
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to