On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Natanael Copa wrote:

> On man, 2005-12-19 at 13:28 +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > 
> > > On tor, 2005-12-15 at 12:19 -0500, René Rhéaume wrote:
> > > > 2005/12/15, Natanael Copa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > > > I'm trying to avoid the gcc runtime dependency.
> > > > What do you mean ? libgcc or libstdc++ ?
> > > 
> > > libstc++-v3 has like 23MB sources. It takes a while to compile.
> > > (Besides, it failed to compile.)
> > > 
> > > 
> > > # emerge -s libgcc
> > > Searching...
> > > [ Results for search key : libgcc ]
> > > [ Applications found : 0 ]
> > > 
> > > libgcc? where can i find it?
> > > 
> > > I would be much better if I could get it work with uclibc++. Its much
> > > smaller.
> > > 
> > > I managed to get nmap to compile agains uclibc with
> > > 
> > > CXX=g++-uc emerge nmap
> > > 
> > > The romour says its possible to compile kde with uclibc++ so I was
> > > hoping it would be possible to use uclibc++
> > > -- > Natanael Copa
> > 
> > the rumours are right, I have built the whole kde suite (emerge kde) 
> > against uclibc++ (though not all uclibc++ related patches are in kde 
> > upstream probably - these patches are general c++ failures mostly in kde, 
> > not uclibc++ specific one, only libstdc++ tolerates some that are not 
> > allowed by specs).
> > 
> > I haven't done it your way though.
> > I have installed libuClibc++.so into the same dir where libstdc++.so sits, 
> > I have created an include/uclibcxx for headers at same location as 
> > include/g++-v3, I have created a new profile in /etc/env.d/gcc that uses 
> > the same config as the gcc used to build libuClibc++. I have created a new 
> > dir /usr/arch-*-uclibc/gcc-bin/<gcc-ver>-uclibcxx/ where every app is 
> > symlinked to /usr/arch-*-uclibc/gcc-bin/<gcc-ver>/, the only change is
> > arch-*-linux-uclibc-c++, that is the uClibc++ wrapper
> 
> Are you really sure that you mean "arch-*-linux-uclibc-c++" and not
> "arch-*-linux-uclibc-g++"? Or both?

both, g++ is a link to c++ in my 
/etc/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/gcc-bin/3.4.5-uclibcxx/ dir
c++ is the wrapper

> 
> When I like arch-*-linux-uclibc-c++ to g++-uc dansguardan gets compiled
> but it is still linked against libstdc++.so.6

well, then your wrapper/setup is somehow wrong. It would be "easier" if 
an embedded dev would opt to add proper uClibc++ support to 
toolchain.eclass maybe, we could build along libstdc++ uClibc++ too and 
install both versions for !nocxx.
The only problem I encountered is that the you can have only one version 
of uClibc++ installed, I tried slotting it (it should have the same 
slotting as gcc), but the only way out of this missery is to add it too 
the gcc pkg. What we also will encounter as problem is the 
SPLIT_SPECS=true case, how do we then use libstdc++/uClibc++ switching
Maybe gcc-config/eselect* has to be improved to support changing the 
underlaying uClibc++.
There would also be another way to do the setup:
soname libuClibc++.so.0 as libstdc++.so.0 and switch only the 
libstdc++.so link from .so.[5,6] to libstdc++.so.0 or leave the soname as 
it is and create libuClibc++.so libstdc++.so link. Then we do not need the 
wrapper at all (the same has to happen with the include dir too, having 
g++-v3 a link either to the gcc/libstdc++ version or the uclibc++ header 
versions (STDCXX_INCDIR is ignored)

Peter 

-- 
Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net>           ID: 0xA5F059F2
Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08  BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2

-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to