getting the same trouble with pygresql

can't resolve symbol: error_message
 
Any clues?
 
On 12/27/05, Dan C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
... at least I think that's what I've got! Any suggestions on how to fix
would be greatly appreciated.

The basic symptoms are: starting with a fresh install of Subversion
including SWIG Python bindings, I open a python interpreter:

>>> from libsvn import _core

and the interpreter dies with:

python: can't resolve symbol 'apr_pool_cleanup_null'

Of course ordinarily I wouldn't be importing libsvn._core (it originally
started with a Trac installation in fact) but this is as far back as I
have been able to trace the problem. Here my knowledge gets a bit hazy,
as _core seems to be a shared object.

This is what ldd says about it:

# ldd /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libsvn/_core.so
       libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x4000d000)
       ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
       libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x4000d000)
       ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
       libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x4000d000)
       ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
       libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x4000d000)
       ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
       ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
       libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libsvn_delta-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsvn_delta-1.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libsvn_diff-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsvn_diff- 1.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libsvn_subr-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libapr-0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libm.so.0 => /lib/libm.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libcrypt.so.0 => /lib/libcrypt.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libnsl.so.0 => /lib/libnsl.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libdl.so.0 => /lib/libdl.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x00000000)
       libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libaprutil-0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0 (0x00000000)
       libdb-4.2.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.2.so (0x00000000)
       libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x00000000)
       not a dynamic executable

Is that normal? Certainly everything configured and compiled without errors.

I have installed (from Portage):

apr-0.9.7
apr-util-0.9.7
swig-1.3.25
subversion-1.2.3-r2

And my emerge --info:

Portage 2.0.53 (uclibc/arm/2.4, gcc-3.4.4, uclibc-0.9.27-r1, 2.6.12.2
armv5teb)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.12.2 armv5teb XScale-IXP42x Family rev 1 (v5b)
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.13
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5, 2.4.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.12
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r6
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.20
virtual/os-headers:  2.4.26-r1
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="arm"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc"
CFLAGS="-Os -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale"
CHOST="armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3/share/config
/usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-Os -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks nodoc noinfo noman sandbox sfperms
strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/gentoo/
http://ftp.iinet.com.au/pub/Gentoo http://distfiles.gentoo.org
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC=" rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="arm berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 curl expat fam fastcgi ncurses pcre
perl php python readline sqlite ssl truetype-fonts type1-fonts uclibc
unicode zlib userland_GNU kernel_linux elibc_uclibc"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS,
PORTDIR_OVERLAY

--
Dan C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
[email protected] mailing list


Reply via email to