On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, solar wrote: > On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 15:03 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On Tuesday 27 December 2005 13:02, solar wrote: > > > On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 14:36 +0100, Natanael Copa wrote: > > > > Anyone who know the status of glibc-2 in embedded? > > > > > > Assuming you mean glib2 it still remains at the same state. > > > This is a sore spot for some of us being that the only problem > > > moving forward is coming from another Gentoo developer. > > > > considering said developer has been afk for quite a while, > > cough good. > > > why dont i just go > > ahead and include the patch in our ebuilds (especially since upstream has > > accepted it) > > I was unaware it was accepted for glib or even submitted for that > matter. But I like your idea.
The patch was only accepted for gtk+, but for glib2 I am sure it won't ever be acceptable, because upstream the test for iconv() and nls support will stop the build, if they are both not found. nls is no real problem, because it can be replaced by dummies, yvasilev made a better patch for iconv() replacement. I see the future rather by enabling iconv() in uClibc (but not the nls/libintl/gettext stuff). That allows proper glib2 builds and everything that depends on it. The nls part can be disabled/replaced by dummies in glib-2/glib/gi18n[-lib].h, that will allow to solve all glib2 dependant apps by: sed -i 's:libintl.h:gi18n.h:' <file> I have built like this all of emerge gnome Peter -- Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2 -- [email protected] mailing list
