Hi Chuck!
Chuck Robey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 06/19/2006 06:47:55 PM:
> Mike Frisch wrote:
>
> > On 6/17/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> just an idea:
> >> What one could do, is building some sort of target-Filesystem and do a
> >> chroot into that system. Then the compiler has to be changed to your
> >> cross-compile-toolchain and some of the flags in make.conf have to be
> >> changed. After that, a simple emerge in the chrooted environmen should
> >> create all the needed stuff and cross-compile it for the specified
> >> architecture.
> >
> >
> > Actually, this is pretty much what I'm doing already but I want to
> > wrap the process in a UI which will have issues with a chrooted
> > environment.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
>
> Well, I want to be able to put together a Gentoo system but not to use
> Gentoo to do it, if that's remotely possible. I rather like, for
> cross-building a system, the Pengutronix ptxdist stuff. So, I can VERY
> easily use that to build all the normal Linux portions of a system, it's
> the Gentoo-specific parts (the stuff in /etc, and Portage, I *think*
> that;'s all) that I need to get built, and I don't even have a list of
> what the names of the pieces are, much less any idea where toget the
> sources from.
>
> To be honst, from the Gentoo side of things, I'm pretty much at sea on
> this. No idea how to even begin, although I know software well enough.
> Could you give me any ideas what the general path ahead of me is? At
> the moment, I'm lookiing at a very messy job of trying to figure out the
> portions of my Pentium system will just copy over, and that seems
> incredibly wrong to try. There has to be some central archive with
> Gentoo code somewhere, isn't there?
One thing you could try is creating a traget filesystem with ptxdist. So you would have at least an idea, which parts have to be put together and have a look, if you can find the equivalents in the portage-tree in gentoo. I guess that this should work. I tried ptxdist for myself, but creating the target-fs did not work properly, nor did the porting of Qt-embedded work correctly...
BTW, use busybox if possible, to keep your target small. This allows to use many commands with just one binary and some links.
Bye,
Andy
- [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT question Chris Bare
- Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT question Mike Frisch
- Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT quest... andreas . sumper
- Re: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT questi... Mike Frisch
- Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT questi... Chuck Robey
- Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emer... andreas . sumper
- Re: Antwort: Re: [gentoo-embedd... Chuck Robey
- Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT question Ned Ludd
