Thanks for the suggestions. They all involve learning another language, although I'm somewhat familiar with PHP. I think I'll also look at increasing the hardware requirements.
Ciao On Thursday 10 August 2006 01:48, Natanael Copa wrote: > On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 21:05 -0400, Philippe Clérié wrote: > > > it's your system so only you know if you really need python > > > > I was hoping to do the web interface with python. I knew there was going > > to be a penalty, I hadn't expected it to be so bad. I would like to stay > > under 16MB for the root ramdisk, but it looks like it's damn near > > impossible with python. > > > > Time to look for alternatives. > > Ruby on rails is like 10MB on my hardened embedded system. > > PHP with almost no use-flags turned on takes 3.6MB. > > Lua is even smaller. 700KB. There is a lua web framework called Kepler > that should be pretty small. Its not in portage yet (and build scripts > are ugly) > > Lua makes it also pretty good on the Computer Language Shootout: > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/lua.php > > If you want to make it really small you can look at haserl. It's > embedded shell. > http://haserl.sourceforge.net > > -- > Natanael Copa -- Philippe ------ The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon. <Anonymous> -- [email protected] mailing list
