Greetings,

I'm using HiTech-C for the first time.  Given a program that references
undefined functions, the linker complains (and rightfully so!)  Given a
program with _no_ undefined functions, the linker gets stuck in  Though
I've been programming in C for many years, I'm new to HiTech-C. My
efforts to build a program are failing, likely because I've overlooked
a simple detail.

I running 64-bit gentoo on an AMD Phenom.

Here's my test program:

#include <htc.h>

void main(void)
{
  unsigned char var;
  unsigned char *addr;
  addr = (unsigned char *)0x20;
}

I use the following command to build

    /opt/hitech/picc/9.80/bin/picc -N32 --chip=16C926 -Oprog prog.c

The compiler prints the following:

    Licensed for evaluation purposes only.
    This licence will expire on Tue, 28 Dec 2010.
    HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs (PRO Mode)  V9.80
    Copyright (C) 2010 Microchip Technology Inc.

Then it runs forever, keeping a processor 100% busy cpu.

Output of 'ps' shows the following:

... 0:00 /opt/hitech/picc/9.80/bin/picc -N32 --chip=16C926 -Oprog E 0

... 32:48 cgpic --edf=/opt/hitech/picc/9.80/dat/en_msgs.txt -Og9s -w9
-PM

Additionally, I've loaded MPLAB IDE and HiTech-C 9.80 using wine and
get the same result with that combo.

Any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Thank you.

David

Reply via email to