Sorry for my late reply. I'm planning to do a project homepage on
gentroid.org. But for the moment I need to port a minimal android
framework (GUI, input etc) first. There is an overlay.xml file on
https://code.google.com/p/gentroid-overlay, which you can copy in the
layman directory. So you can install the art vm (emerge -a
dev-android/art ) and then you are able to execute a simple dex file:

dalvikvm -Xbootclasspath:/usr/share/libcore/lib/core-dex.jar -cp
HelloWorld.jar HelloWorld

You can create dex files with the command:
dx --dex --output=OUTPUT.jar input.jar

dx is part of dev-android/dex-tools

and java files need to be compiled with -bootclasspath
/usr/share/libcore/lib/core.jar
(android-libs/libcore)

It's all highly experimental and I'm currently working on a x86_64
machine. Other platforms are untested.

Simon