Hi Ed,

Ed W wrote:
> I am building a bunch of armv7a images on an AMD Ryzen9 machine (amd64).
> So to keep things simple I have just been doing the whole thing using
> qemu up until now

..

> Now, I have a cross compiler built,

Did you build it with crossdev?

> but a) that's not static, so I
> would need to find a way to get native libc into the chroot, and b)
> I'm not clear how I would call it inside the chroot, could I just
> move a symlink to the other compiler into the path?
> How does it find things like libgcc*.so etc?
>
> Or perhaps this is easier than this?

If you used crossdev to build e.g. a armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi
toolchain then look in /usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/ where
there should be the beginning of a root.

I've built armv7a images using the armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
command installed by crossdev with the toolchain after setting up
etc/portage/ in that root as needed.

That cross emerge cross compiles. :)

> Any thoughts?

Unfortunately for me, this doesn't integrate with catalyst at all.

After emerging the packages you want you may want a script to
selectively create the final image.

//Peter