Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:42:14 -0500 Alec Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> |
> |   Talking on solar about this confirmed my suspicions, the ELF data
> | can't be wrong, otherwise things won't link properly.  Thus if we were
> | just to use ELF NEEDED entries, how could the list of reverse runtime
> | deps be "incorrect" as you imply above?
>
> It can be incomplete.
>
> Of course, finding the ELF NEEDED entries is not a sufficient solution
> to the initial problem, nor is it a sufficient solution to the real
> problem here.

 Well I bought this bug-spray and it only kills 99% of the bugs in my
home, so I guess I should scrap it and work on something better that
kills 100% of bugs?

If this helps stem system breakage by repairing a number of broken
library deps, how is that bad?  Because it doesn't adhere to Ciaran's
ideal feature standards?

> | So in regards to reverse dependency tracking, do you have a
> | solution/advice or just useless criticism?  Please attempt to be
> | constructive here.
>
> Sure. My advice is to scrap the current idea and redo it to take into
> account things which are not just ELF-related.

Bricklayers build walls, one brick at a time.

- -Alec Warner (antarus)