On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 18:39 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:

> Ned Ludd wrote:
> > If this has been repeated elsewhere than sorry for the re-post.
> >
> > The resolver still needs a bit of work before it's ready.
> >
> > Handling of the || () in ROOT!=/ via the -K option is not in that
> > good of shape in 2.1_NXX and can't really be used. Till that's
> > addressed 2.1(re-ping jason) in my eyes absolutely should
> > not even be considered for any rc status.
>
> Well, please file a bug then.  How are we supposed to fix bugs that we aren't
> aware of? :)

Everytime somebody mentions || () I make little comments about it not
working properly. Seriously however. When it comes to our resolver I'm
scared like a like a preacher boy in a chruch where spanky is the
preacher. I don't know how to file it, and properly describe
the problem. Where the root problem lies etc.. The resolver scares me
and I'd just assume pass on what I know to those who do understand
the resolver for further investigation.

--
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux