On Apr 7, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Alec Warner wrote:

We have a new cache format, confcache, parallel fetch, etc... The bonus is these features are already mature and relatively old ( a year + as of
now ).

Reading about confcache i have one question:

When i saw, that this feature exists (in make.examples) i activated it. But it did not work because i had not emerged confcache. I think this check should be stricter, if i want confcache and have FEATURES="confcache" and confcache is not emerged, i think emerge ... should die, not just say "Ok, you said you want it but you don't have it, so i don't use it". What do you think about that?

Philipp