On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 04:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
Andrei Slavoiu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, I want to raise a issue with the way that
> package integrity verification is done by portage. For
> an example of such an issue see bug 136742.
> The idea is that portage now checks the Manifest as a
> whole, not allowing a version of the package to be
> emerged if any of the files mentioned by the Manifest
> fail the verification. This makes unstable ebuilds
> wich change often and have a tendency to break from
> time to time prevent the emerge of a stable version of
> the same package.
> Do you think there is any way to fix this in portage?

This isn't exactly new behavior with FEATURES=strict (which is the
default setting).

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.