Hi portage gurus,

is there a defined way for pkg_*{inst,rm} to know which CONTENTS have
been added/removed/replaced ?

For pkg_preinst(), "${D}" is available to know what will be "added" or
"replaced", but I want to know for

pkg_postinst: what has been   "added" or "replaced"
pkg_prerm:    what will be  "removed" or "replaced"
pkg_postrm:   what has been "removed" or "replaced"

Sometimes I've seen environment variable ${ORIGIN}, containing the
contents of var/db/pkg/<cat>/<pkg>/CONTENTS, sometimes there was "${O}"
pointing to var/db/pkg/<cat>/<pkg>, so I was able to read "${O}"/ORIGIN.

Or do you have any better idea on how to handle that AIX shared
libraries inside archive libraries than currently is done in prefix
using ugly hooks[1] ?

For some background eventually look at that 'shared objects' part at
gcc's platform specific install site[2].

[1]
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/profiles/default-prefix/aix/profile.bashrc?rev=14009
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#x-ibm-aix

Thank you!